Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!

Tis the season for bug bites! I sent my 2 boys to scout camp last week armed and ready against all the mosquitoes waiting for them. Being the frugal gal that I am, I put several drops of the Terrashield blend in some glass spray bottles and then added lots of water. I learned a very valuable lesson. Use the Terrashield at full strength. The dilution didn't help much. However, Oliver told me that he sprayed his hand and arm and watched a mosquito come close then fly away. I think they would have been the only unbitten kids in the camp if I hadn't diluted the good stuff :)

For mosquito bites, I sent them with lavender. Henry went through a whole sample bottle. He loved it. He said he was wishing he had more to share with all of the kids that got bit so bad. That's my Henry.

My sister-in-law who lives out in the mountains text me the other day saying, "i LOVE doterra lavender on bug bites!..and I have a few! Lol"

*Found out today that Terrashield is the FREE product of the month for August!

Just got this great email:

I was reading about TerraShield. This might sound funny. I have little ants that find their way to my kitchen back-splash. (Don't tell anyone.) But I cleaned my counters will lemon oil and my husband keeps his slim and sassy nearby--I think the combination of the two is keeping the ants away. I thought it might be the peppermint in SnS "burning" them away, but maybe it's the lemon. Anyway, "Raid" for ants didn't work, but the oils (lemon and/or SnS) is doing it. Cool!

Labels: , , , , ,