Mmmm! Lemons & lemon essential oil!!

One of my favorite things about summer is lemons and lemonade! There is nothing that means SUMMER more than sipping on ice cold water with slices of lemon. Mmmm!

Just the other night I was at an event where they had one of those cool glass water pitchers filled with ice water, lemons, and shredded mint leaves.  It was really good! Different from the usual lemon/lime oil in our water, or lemon/peppermint water that we enjoy. Hmm. Very healthy & very refreshing for those hot summer days!

Speaking of lemon, just the other day I was able to take sharpie off my kitchen table. Thank you to my 2 year old Norah and thank you to my lemon essential oil to take it off!  We have also used the lemon oil to get stickers off of glass frames and windows, bunk beds...

One more quick lemon use.  Today I was out picking weeds without my gloves on. I don't know why I do that, but I do :) Actually I have the habit of pulling weeds while I am on the  phone.  Anyway, when I got off the phone my fingers were all sticky from the weeds.  I put a couple drops of lemon essential oil on my fingers and the stickiness immediately went away.  It all cleaned up and smelled sooo good! Even as I type this, my fingers have no sticky residue.  Amazing!! Love my doTERRA Lemon essential oil!! 

Quick YUMMY Lemon Bars Recipe:
Betty Crocker Lemon Squares (Thanks Lacey!)
1 cup butter
2 1/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
5-7 drops doTERRA lemon essential oil (of course!!)
2 TBSP Powdered Sugar

Heat oven to 350. In bowl mix butter and 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar.  Press into ungreased 9 X 13 pan. Bake 20 minutes.  In another bowl, mix remaining flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar with whisk.  Add eggs, lemon juice, and lemon essential oil.  Stir until combined. Pour over crust.  Bake 18-22 minutes longer until center is set and edges are golden brown.  Bars will firm as they cool. Cool 1 hour then sprinkle with powdered sugar. ENJOY!!

I found this great blog post from my friend Sue Macartney.  She is a Color and Image Consultant.  She helps people discover the colors that are right for you! Learn more about her and what she does at:  www.yourcolor.us  I loved her post on lemon and wanted to share:

YELLOW for SKINCARE… LEMONS, THAT IS

Published Date Author: admin, April 13th, 2011
Lemon is an easily available citrus fruit, used in many dishes as well as in many treatments. Lemon is a natural antiseptic medicine and  is very helpful to cure skin related problems. Lemon is a vitamin C fruit that can increase the beauty of skin.  Daily intake of lemon water (add natural sweetner–like Stevia or honey) can make your skin shine.  Even  helps to eliminate black heads!

LEMON CONTAINS:
·           Vitamin B
·           Vitamin C
·           Calcium
·           Phosphorus
·           Carbohydrates
·           Protein

PEDICURE TIP: Using lemons directly on your toes helps to prevent fungus and since it is an antiseptic, skin around and beneath the nail bed get REALLY clean!

HEALTH BENEFITS OF LEMON:
·        Drinking  lemon with warm water aids in digestion AND helps boost
the immunity system.
·        Instead of a second cup of coffee, have a hot cup of LEMON
water…add a natural sweetener:  helps to brighten the skin.
·           Got a toothache? Apply fresh lemon juice on toothache area; it helps the pain and when massaged on the gums will help stop bleeding.
·           Gargle lemon juice and water for  soothing and healing a sore throat.
·           Lemon juice with its high potassium content helps to control high blood pressure.
·           Lemon contain high levels of antioxidants, giving it the ability to reduce the risks of certain types of cancers.

SKINCARE TIP:  Use as a toner (after you cleanse your face, before moisturizing) ; brightens the skin and eliminates blackheads.

Labels: