Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Peppermint Essential Oil-Healthy Respiratory Support & Alleviates Stomach Upset




Photo: Tuesday Tip-off!Peppermint is popular in countless forms, from toothpaste to chewing gum. As an essential oil, it is useful to ease breathing and as a digestive aid. Now it's your turn—tell us how you use Peppermint essential oil!

PEPPERMINT!!  

FB Tip Off Tuesday-January 28th 

A top-selling favorite, Peppermint provides a myriad of health benefits.
  • Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing
  • Alleviates stomach upset
  • Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral health

Peppermint is one of my favorites!  My favorite way to do use it is to put a drop on my hand and lick it to freshen my breathe. Hmmm! Also, works as a nice pick me up!! We have also used the peppermint, lavender, lemon combo to help my son with itchy, watery eye allergies. We also like to add this one to hot chocolate, brownies, frosting...One more favorite... drop of peppermint and drop of wild orange in my hands, rub together and smell! Hmmmmm!!

Here are some more great ideas from doTERRA Intl, FB fans:

I use peppermint for aches and pains, breathing issues, bath salts, rice heating pads, cookies, shower disks and whatever home made projects I do next

In the vaporizer when one of us has a cold or bouting with asthma. Or I put a tiny little on the base of the nose to keep the chafing to a minimum.

In warm milk as peppermint flavored milk instead of hot chocolate. It's yummy..

I make a spray for my hair of 1 drop peppermint, 1 drop lavender per 1 ounce of water. It calms down the frizziness of my hair and my baby's. It makes my preschooler's hair so shiny. It awakens the curl in my son's hair. Best of all it calms and smells AMAZING!!! (This same spray did wonders in bringing down my baby's fever).

Mix with uncooked white rice, dump in to a man's tall sock, sew shut, microwave for about 1-2 minutes, hang around neck and relax with good book

Had a tummy flu the other day. Some Digest Zen on the tummy and 2 drops of Peppermint in the mouth and the pains went to another not so painful dimension and the nausea was gone. I did this twice and drank lots of good water and all was better.

I use it just before a strenuous workout. Really gets the blood flowing. :)

Soak it on cotton balls...mice hate the smell...no poison.

I use it to treat ear-mites in our cats. Put a little on the end of a cotton swap after cleaning their ears. Takes care of the ear mites in two doses.

I put a drop of peppermint under my tongue every morning for a quick pick me up! In the summer, I put it in my water bottle and drink it to stay cool!

We adopted a 10 week old puppy 3 days ago, today she would not eat or drink at all and was listless and just not a very happy girl. I put a little bit of Peppermint oil diluted with fractionated coconut oil on her little belly and about 20 minutes later was up and drinking water eating and playing! Thank you for making such safe, versatile products.

I used it on my son last night. He had a fever of 103.2. I rubbed it on his chest and his fever immediately started dropping. It was also very soothing for him

great for hot flashes!!!

3 drops into 1/2 cup of Almond milk..before bed..no more TUMS for me

For my sinuses and or headaches: I rub it across my forehead, temples, nose bridge, cheeks, under my nose, and a dab on the back of my neck. It's intense, but it melts away the mucus and opens me right up. It's the only thing that works, because I get pressure WAY up in my sinus passages and very little mucus in my nose, so nose sprays don't work. I also put a drop in a bottle of water for a refreshing taste and it helps to cut the drainage in my throat as well. =0)

Allergies!!! A drop of lemon under the tongue, lavender across sinus cavities on face, and peppermint on the roof of the mouth. Good for post nasal drip, itchy red eyes, you name it. Oh, and you can use a drop of each in a capsule as well to deal with external skin hives and allergies. I also love it as a fever reducer and when I run to oxygenate my cells.

I love putting a little peppermint on my temples right before I take a test.... keeps me awake and my mind alert throughout the whole test!

 One of my favorite things is to put it on the back of my neck with Frankincense and head to the gym for my spinning class. It gives me alot more energy and it makes it easier to complete the class.

 I use it for severe headaches/ migraines, a dab on each temple with a little bit I massage, a little on the forehead and and dab on the back of the neck works every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Let's Set up your Wholesale Membership

Click here to begin your journey with the most potent and pure essential oils on the planet!