Hmmm! Lemon water, also called "Life water." Great way to start the day. Enjoy!!
Wondering how else to use lemon essential oil?
(Check out these great ideas from www.doterraeveryday.com)
1. A Cure for Laundry Neglect. Lemon essential oil takes out ALL odor when you forget and leave your load of laundry in the washer way too long!
2. Tame Oozy, Sappy Trees. Whether the sap is on your carpet, clothes or seeped into your skin, lemon oil is excellent for removing pine gum and tree sap.
3. Stop Grease in its Tracks. You just fixed your
bike. Your hands are black and greasy. Soap alone won’t remove the
grease, but lemon oil mixed with your soap will. Lemon oil is a great
4. Disinfect the Disgusting. You can add lemon oil
to a spray bottle of water and attack what may be living in your range
hood, on your tables, countertops and other surfaces. For some extra
chemical-free firepower, a little vinegar is a traditional favorite.
5. Lose the Gas Mask. When you clean the gunky build
up in your shower, do you practically have to wear a gas mask to
survive the fumes? Go gas mask free and clean with lemon oil. Just a
small amount of lemon oil will go a long way in removing hard water
6. Nourish Your Leathers. Whether you ride a Harley
in style or cherish the patina of your leather sofa at home, your
leathers are not maintenance free. Use a lemon oil soaked cloth to
preserve them, and prevent leather from splitting.
7. High Ho Silver. A lemon oil treated cloth is a
great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver or other metals.
You may not eat on silver every day, but bracelets, earrings, necklaces
often need some love.
8. Deactivate the Sticky. Lemon oil can help you
avert a hair cutting crisis the next time you deal with gum in hair. Got
kids with obsessive addictions to stickers or temporary tattoos? Works
for those too. Not for wide receivers.
9. Love Your Luster. Bring your furniture back to
life with lemon oil! Just add a few drops of lemon oil to olive oil for a
non-toxic furniture polish. Lemon oil leaves a beautiful shine,
prevents fine wood finishes from drying out, and replaces lost moisture
in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes.
10. De-Smudge Your Stainless. You don’t need to hunt
down that “single use” stainless steel cleaner anymore. Multi-use lemon
oil is great for cleaning stainless steel appliances. You’ll love the
way stainless looks and smells!
11. Clean Granite or Porous Stone. What is living in
the pores of your natural stone counters or floors? Lemon oil cleans
deeply, seeps into stone and leaves you with a “real fresh lemons”
aroma, rather than that fake lemon chemical smell.
12. Energize your Brush. If your toothbrush seems a bit tired, add a drop of lemon and peppermint oils to chase away that run-down feeling.
13. Quarantine Pungencies. Moldy kid’s sneakers, a
baby’s blowout, potty training … it all adds up to an less than
desirable aroma. Diffuse or spray lemon oil and neutralize odors at
14. Take the Spine Out of Scuffs. Got a scuff mark that just won’t go away? Lemon oil lifts scuff marks in remarkable ways!
15. Curtail the Dank, Musty or Mildewed. Things get
stored away. Things get old. Things don’t see the light of day. Chase
away that “old smell” and inject new energy with a good lemon oil wipe
16. Stop Cutting Board Bacteria Palooza. Cutting
boards can harbor bacteria in your kitchen. Nobody wants to taste the
chemicals you have in your cleaning closet, yet most people love the
taste of lemon!
17. Control an Aphid Invasion, Naturally. Aphids —
those pesky little bugs that dine on your roses and other plants. Lemon
oil (or peppermint) with water in a garden spray bottle are a natural
pesticide that kills aphids and their larvae on contact, but leave your
plants looking lovely.
18. Spot-Free Dishes. Add
a few drops of lemon oil to your dishwasher soap container with each
load. Your dishes will come out looking like new… spot-free!
19. Refresh Bad Smelling Washcloths. When your
kitchen washcloths smell foul and could use a boost, add lemon oil to
your detergent, soak overnight, wash, dry and your kitchen will smell so
Cooking & Food
20. Energy Boost.
For a quick, refreshing energy boost, combine a couple drops each of
lemon essential oil and peppermint essential oil in a glass of water and
drink up. Add a lemony taste to your bottled water.
21. Zest Up Your Sugary Indulgences. There are an
infinite number of ways lemon oil can add a bit of freshness to your
sugary savors: Lemon frosting • Lemon merengue • Sour cream lemon pie •
Lemon cakes • Lemon tart glaze • Lemon squares • Lemon cookies •
Breathtaking, awe-inspiring lemonade
23. Pep Up Your Entrees. With lemon oil, there are
countless ways to make the bland zippy, or the blah peppy: Roasted
salmon & asparagus with lemon oil, Linguine & shrimp with lemon
oil, Lemon oil drizzled over vegetables (especially broccoli), Lemon
garlic shrimp … or to add a fresh kick to an already great salad.
24. Preserve What You’ve Got. Use lemon oil in a spray to keep your cut fruit fresh until serving.
Body & Mind
25. Ease Respiratory Gunkity Goop. When used with a humidifier, it’s a great way to slow wheezing, threats, cough, and other upper respiratory problems.
26. De-scratch Your Scratchy Throat. Adding a couple
drops of lemon essential oil to warm water & honey can change that
yucky sore throat feeling, slow a nasty cough, and douse elevated body temperatures. Lemon
oil fights bacteria, as well as germs.
27. Honeylicious Hair Highlights …Chemical Free. Skip
the expensive salon highlight treatment, and use lemon oil to create
your own hair highlights. Just go in the sun after using with your hair
product, and it will lighten your hair. Be careful, it works well!
28. Fight the Fungus Among Us. Tired of seeing that unsightly nail fungus? Lemon oil is great for nails, and can help fight against nail fungus.
29. Halt the Nervous Nellie, In You. When combined
with lavender oil and diffused into a room, you’ll find you feel less
anxious, a better mood, more even keel, and well … linear.
30. Clear Thinking & Clear Focus, Made Visible. A clear mind, a clean slate, a fresh outlook. It’s all good. Real good. Diffuse lemon oil and you got it.
31. Take the Heat Out of Cold Sores. When you have a
gnarly cold sore that’s just begging for attention, douse it with a few
drops of lemon oil and you’ll have a new best friend.
32. Nice Mood … No Really. Chase away the moody
blues (not the band), with a bit of blah-reducing lemon oil. Whether you
choose to diffuse it or apply topically, it’s hard to not improve your
outlook with lemon oil around!
33. Was That a Crusty? Next time you notice hard,
crusty skin on your feet, (e.g. corns, calluses or bunions) regularly
add a few drops of lemon oil and you’ll soon have softened skin!
34. A Brighter Complexion. Lemon oil can help
remove dead skin cells and exfoliate. For a homemade exfoliant, add 4-5
drops to a small amount of oatmeal and water for a homemade scrub.