Be the Change

Over the last couple of months, I have been watching with awe and sadness at the many atrocities that are being committed worldwide along with the political division that is dividing the United States. There are times when I feel overwhelmed and discouraged about the future for my children. It is in these moments that I remember that I may not be able to control the world events and heartache, but I can control who I am and what I can contribute to the world. I can choose each day to find ways to help my neighbor, love my children, share hope and kindness with a friend, and be a catalyst for goodness in this world. I can begin a ripple of change for myself, my family, my neighborhood, my community, and on... It starts with me. 

One of my favorite books of all times is "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olson. The premise is that each day we make choices that compound over time to our benefit or detriment. For example, if I choose to eat cheeseburgers, fries, and milkshakes day after day what are the long term results? On the other side, what if I make wise food choices, exercise, and take care of my body? The results are obvious. Can you imagine the world we would live in if each person choose to be kind, looked for opportunities to help others, and gave generously of their own free will? It sounds easy doesn't it?  Just like with food, we have bad days. We eat the cheeseburger or pizza, or binge on picnic food and goodies. But not everyday.  What about bad days with people? We get to hang out in this world with imperfect people like ourselves and that is not always easy. So, how do you turn bad days into good days?



A few simple things to do to get back on track to being the person you desire to be. 
1. Take a time out. Sometimes I just need a break from people. I need time to myself to think, process, and regroup. Though I appear to always be happy and optimistic, I feel hurt and disappointment too. In those moments, I love to go walk in nature and ground myself again on my purpose.

2. Essential oils of course. By simply smelling an essential oil, I can change the endorphins and hormones being released in my brain to switch my mood. How cool is that!? I have experienced this for myself over and over again. I personally love the citrus oils. They lift my mood and help me to think more abundantly. I am also a big fan of the Emotional Aromatherapy kit. With my diffuser going and my Motivate (Encouraging Blend) on, I am ready to tackle any project, distraction, or disappointment. 

3. Surround yourself with goodness. Who do you hang out with? What book/magazines/podcasts/blogs are you reading? Are you a better person from being around those influences? It has been said we become the 5 people we surround ourselves with. Do you want greater health? wealth? influence? peace? Find people who you respect in those areas and surround yourselves with your tribe. 

One life. You choose. Each day. 

What will your influence on the world be?