10 Uses for Lavender Essential Oil
1. Chase Away Stagnant Closet Air. You know that smell. Fabrics of all variety, shoes for every occasion, plus a dirty clothes bin and no fresh air can only equal one thing…you need lavender essential oil. Whether diffused, drizzled on earthen ware, or dripped on cotton balls, chase stagnancy away!
2. Take the Bite Out of It. Insects, creepies and crawlies are not too fond of the smell of lavender. In fact, they hate it. If you forget to go the prevention route, lavender soothes bites and itching.
3. A Multi-Purpose Spray. Next time you are sitting in traffic, pull out a spray bottle filled with a lavender and water mixture and freshen your car. Who wouldn’t prefer a car smelling like lavender?
4. Kids Won’t Go Down? Lavender drops on their pillows … it’s like magic. It will help ease their mind, calm them down, make bedtime a bit more rewarding, and best of all … lull them into a restful sleep.
5. Target skin issues with calming soothing lavender. Lavender helps balance sebum and control occasional break outs. Lavender also soothes burns. When you’ve slightly overdone it in the sun, a little lavender oil is helpful in preventing peeling skin. It aids in your skin’s healing without scarring as well!
6. Lovable Linens. What does your linen closet smell like? Probably cotton. Maybe old cotton. Energize your linens with lovely smelling lavender. It leaves no oil marks and leaves things invigoratingly fresh.
7. The Oatmeal Secret. Fill a baby food jar with oatmeal, and add 5-8 drops of lavender oil. When it’s time to wash your face, add water and it becomes an excellent natural scrub! A little goes a long way.
8. Soak Away Stress. Your muscles are tight. Nervousness and deadlines are eating at you. Your heart is racing. Add to a warm bath, soak it in, soothe.
9. Pet Smells No More. Add a skiff or two of your baking soda and lavender mixture to carpets and vacuum up! If you have pets, (especially the un potty trained variety), fight back with lavender!
10. Fortify Your First Aid Kit. There are many dōTERRA products that would be great additions to your First-Aid kit, but if you could only pick one, Lavender should be it. Why? Basic First-Aid kits are often geared toward minor skin irritation, scrapes, rashes, and so forth. Lavender is great for all those, not to mention its calming properties!